Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chickamauga Visit September 26, 2013

Today I attended a workshop in Chickamauga, Georgia. After doing my due diligence in my class I decided I would drive through the Chickamauga National Battlefield in Walker County, Georgia. I stopped at a couple of spots. I visited the Dyer Cemetery on the Dyer Road. The only makers on the low knoll are local sandstone rocks. I crossed the Lafayette Road (U.S. 27) and took the Brotherton Road east. I stopped at a location and photographed a tablet for Maney's Brigade and I visited Smith's Mississippi Battery.

Drive home it dawned on me that we have lived 35 miles from this battlefield for over 15 years and I know little or nothing about the battle. I have the opportunity to try to understand what happened at this battle.

I need a plan!

No comments:

About Me

Calhoun, Georgia
I have a new blog at Wordpress called Notes from the Field. A great deal of information collected on trips to cemeteries will be written about Notes from the Field.