Sunday, July 5, 2015

Greatest Yondering Trip of All Time Part 2

June 28, 2015
I started the day at daylight visiting the lower road of Culp's Hill to see Confederate positions. Afterwards I worked my way around West Confederate Avenue and Seminary Ridge. I visited the Confederate positions on the second and third day of the battle. After going and picking up the kids and Alice we headed back to visit the Round Tops, Devils Den, the Peach orchard, and Wheat Field.  During this part of day I met a reenactor preparing for the big anniversary festivities.

After lunch Luke and I took off from the Virginia Monument and made Pickett's Charge. Alice picked us up at the copse of trees and we headed to Winchester, Virginia via Harper's Ferry.

June 29, 2015: This was an all day trip. We left Winchester at 8:00 AM and pulled up in our driveway at 6:30 PM. We covered about 570 miles.

No comments:

About Me

Calhoun, Georgia
I have a new blog at Wordpress called Notes from the Field. A great deal of information collected on trips to cemeteries will be written about Notes from the Field.