Saturday, April 19, 2008

Reflections on Teaching My 15 -year old to Yonder

April 19, 2008: My beautiful 15 year old daughter is learning to drive. I have joined the ranks of generations of parents that have slid over to the passenger side and grabbed the door handle with white knuckles and jammed on non-existent brakes and they sucked in volumes of air through teeth that created a high pitch hissing sound. We went out driving and yondering three times today -- saw some nice road side markers and visited a couple of cemeteries. While the education the newest member of the driving world may be sometimes hazardous it does offer me an excuse to get out of the house and go see the world.

No comments:

About Me

Calhoun, Georgia
I have a new blog at Wordpress called Notes from the Field. A great deal of information collected on trips to cemeteries will be written about Notes from the Field.